My sister made some Anzac biscuits to celebrate Anzac day and they turned out delicious!!! They are really easy to make and super yummy : )
Here's the recipe:
1 cup of plain flour
1 cup of rolled oats
3/4 desiccated coconut
3/4 cups of brown sugar
2 tbsp golden sugar
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree C. Line two baking tray with non stick baking paper. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Stir in the oats, coconut and brown sugar.
- Put the butter, golden sugar and 2 tbsp of water in a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until melted. Stir in the bicarbonate of soda.
- Pour the butter mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Roll level tablespoon of mixture into balls. Place on the trays, about 5 cm apart.
- Press with a fork to flatten slightly. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set aside on the trays for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack so it cools completely.
Thanks all there is to it! I love eating the biscuits when they are still warm...mmmmmm : )
Keep warm and enjoy work off today!!!
Lots of love,
Fat Pom Pom