Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lemon Meringue Pie!


Hi Guys!!!

Sorry its been the longest time since I have posted anything. I feel so bad since I promise that I will be posting on Hong Kong next. Its just that I've been so busy with work and other things at home. It didn't hit me that its been over a month since I last posted :(

Well to make it up to you, I have a very special recipe to share with you guys. In fact, this is a friends recipe : ) A good friend of mine who I might say is the best amateur pastry chef I've met hehe I invited her over to my house over the weekend to make her recipe of Lemon Meringue Pie! mmmmmm

The outcome.....the best Lemon Meringue Pie I have ever eaten hehe the pastry was crumbly and perfect, the lemon filling was delicious and the meringue....welll what can I say, it tops it all ; P hehe it was a delicious pie and leaves you drooling for more!

I have the privilege to share this recipe with you:

Pastry Base:
1 cup of plain flour
90g of unsalted butter, chilled and diced
1-2 tbsp icing sugar
1-2 tbsp of cold water
















Lemon filling:
1/4 cups of corn flour
1/4 plain flour
1 cup of caster sugar
3/4 cup lemon juice
3 tbsp grated lemon rind
40g unsalted butter
6 eggs yolks

Meringue topping:
6 eggs white
1 and 1/2 cup of caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon cornflour

Method:

  1. For the base, sift the flour into a bowl and rub in the butter using your fingertips, until the mixture is breadcrumb like. Stir in the icing sugar, and add about 1 tbsp of water into the mix, kneed gently and if dough is still dry, add a little more water.
  2. Gather the dough together roll between 2 sheets of baking paper until large enough to line the base and side of pie plate. Line the plate with the pastry and trim off any excess pastry. Fork the edge and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
  3. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line the pastry shell with baking paper and pour in some baking beads or uncooked rice. Bake for 10-15 minutes, then remove the paper and beads. Return pastry to oven for another 10 minutes or until cooked through. Cool completely.
  4. For the lemon filling, put the flours and sugar in a saucepan. Whisk in lemon juice, rind and 1 and 1/2 cups of water. Whisk over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Then reduce heat and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat, then whisk in butter, and then egg yolks one at a time. Cover the surface with plastic wrap and cool. Spread the filling into the pastry shell.
  5. For the Meringue topping, put the egg whites and sugar into a clean, dry bowl. Beat with electric beater on high for 10 minutes, or until sugar is almost completely dissolved and the meringue is thick and glossy. Beat in the cornflour. Spread the meringue over the top of the pie, making peaks by drawing the meringue up with a knife, piling it high towards the center. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before serving.
  6. Enjoy!!!!!

Feast on yours on how perfect the Lemon Meringue Pie turned out!! Can't be more pleased by the outcome!





















I hope you enjoyed this post!! Thanks again Ninh for making some of the best desserts I have ever eaten! Well people, don't just sit there and drool over our pie, make yourself one :D

P.s. Hong Kong will be coming soon!


Lots of Love
Fat Pom Pom

No comments:

Post a Comment