Its been a while since I have posted so my apologies if you have been waiting for a new recipe :D
Its starting to get cold here in Melbourne (we have been having the strangest summer weather here!) brrrr.....
So what better thing to do then to nourish your cold bodies with this delicious and filling soup to boost your immune system and warm you from head to toe : ) I made this over the weekend for dinner and it was very delicious and satisfying!!
My recipe for Super healthy Soup!
2 carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 cans of whole peel tomatoes
1 can of cannellini beans, drained and wash
1 cup of frozen corn and peas mix
1 tbsp of mix herbs
1/2 tsp of paprika
1/2 tsp of chilli flakes or more (depending on how hot you want the soup)
Salt and pepper for seasoning
3 chicken stock cubes (or use 3 cups of fresh chicken stock and omit the 3 cups of water below)
3 cups of hot water
Crusty bread and grated parmesan cheese to serve (optional)
- In a large pot, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and saute the onion and garlic for a few minutes on medium heat until onion is translucent.
- Add the carrots and saute for about 5 minutes, season with salt, pepper and mix herbs.
- Add can tomatoes, celery, and paprika and stir gently until soup starts to simmer.
- In a small bowl, dilute the chicken stock with a small amount of hot water and add to the pot, add remaining cups of water to the pot aswel.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes on low to medium heat. Finally add the beans, corn and peas and chilli flakes. Simmer for another 5 minutes and season with extra pepper to taste.
- Serve with crusty bread and a tiny sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese.
Have a wonderful week and I will post again in the next few days! In the meantime, smile, keep warm and happy eating!
Fat Pom Pom