Bruschetta's are simple yet very delicious. It has the right balances of Italian flavours and is so quick and easy to prepare for a lazy Sunday lunch! I made this over the weekend for lunch and it was as good as I remember it to be : )
Here is my recipe:
1 small stick of sour dough bread, cut on an angle into 12 (1cm) slices
2 tomatoes, diced
1 small red onion, diced
Handful of basil, chopped
1 garlic clove, peeled
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
grated parmesan cheese
extra olive oil or butter
- Rub both sides of the slices of bread with olive oil or butter and grill in the oven or on a hot frying pan until golden on both sides.
- Immediately rub the garlic cloves onto the bread while it is still hot.
- For the topping, mix the tomatoes, onions and basil in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the tomato mix onto of each slice of bread evenly. Mix the tbsp of olive oil and balsamic vinegar with a small spoon, and then spoon this dressing over each bread.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and enjoy.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe aswel and the Aeroplane Jelly recipe from my previous guest posts :D Food brings people closer together so if you do have the time to try out some of my recipes, why not invite your family and friends over to share the delicious food together!! It will make things taste twice as good!
Fat Pom Pom