This is the recipe I use, feel free to vary the amount of curry paste you use as everyone's taste is different, I like really flavoursome and spicy curries!!
Red Duck Curry
1/2 a roast duck, sliced into small pieces (smaller then in the picture)
1/2 a pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
4 cups of coconut milk
1 cup of water
4-5 tbs of red curry paste
1 tbsp of palm sugar
2 tbsp of fish sauce
1 red chilli
150g of pineapple pieces
Red chilli and Thai Basil leaves to garnish
Steamed Jasmine rice to serve
- Bring half of the coconut milk to a gentle boil in a large pot. Add the curry paste and stir to break the paste up for about 5 minutes. Add the remaining coconut milk, stir and simmer.
- Add the palm sugar and stir well to dissolve.
- Next, add the pumpkin and about half a cup to a cup of water. Cover and simmer for about 5-10 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
- Now add the sliced duck and the fish sauce. Stir gently and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the pineapple pieces and chilli and stir well.
- After about 5 minutes, taste the curry and see if you need any more fish sauce or palm sugar.
- Next, add the lychee pieces and stir well.
- Serve the curry in bowls with rice and garnish with basil leaves and chilli.
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I did!!
Until next time my friends,
Happy eatingFat Pom Pom