Cheesecake....who doesn't love a slice of perfectly baked cheesecake :) mmmm...
I was reminded of how much I love cheesecake just the other day when I had some from Brunetti! mmmmm dear friends of mine, am I too greedy for having such a love for delicious sweets and desserts?
I decided that it was time to make my first New York Cheesecake! The outcome....awesome and delicious as it looks!
This is my simple recipe!
350g of plain sweet biscuits, finely crushed in food processor
170g of unsalted butter, melted
750g of cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup of caster sugar
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
2 tbsp plain flour
300 ml sour cream
fresh strawberries for decoration
1) Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius. Line the base if a 23cm springform pan with non-stick baking paper.
2) Mix biscuits and melted butter in a bowl until well combined. Pressed the biscuit mix into the base and side of pan, press firmly, leaving about 1 cm at the top of the pan. Cover and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
3) Place cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and lemon rind in a large bowl and beat with electric beater until just combine. Beat in flour, and then 1 egg at a time, beating well until just combined. Stir in the sour cream until just combined.
4) Pour the cream cheese mixture into the base. Place the pan on a baking tray and bake for 1 and 1/4 hours or until the centre is just slightly still wobbly. Turn off oven, with door ajar for about 2 hours. Then refrigerate for about 4 hours or overnight to chill.
5) Served with sliced strawberries.
Lots of Love
Fat Pom Pom