I made some Sticky Date Pudding for desserts on Sunday Night. I must admit sticky date puddings are one of my favourites desserts to eat, well besides cheesecakes, red velvet cupcakes, carrot cakes and a whole heap of Vietnamese puddings! Haha well to be honest, I just like desserts in general :D Sticky date puddings are perfect for winter, and yes even better with ice-cream on the side!
Anywhos, heres my simple recipe for Sticky Date Pudding:
1 and 1/4 cup of pitted dates, chopped
1 and 1/4 cup of boiling water
1 teaspoon of baking soda
60g of butter, cubed
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of self raising flour
Butter Scotch Sauce
1 cup of brown sugar
3/4 cups of thick cream
50g of butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Grease a 20cm round cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
- Combine the dates, baking soda and boiling water in a bowl. Stand for 5 minutes, and blend or process the date mixture with butter, brown sugar until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl, add the eggs and flour and mix well until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Stand the pudding for 10 minutes before turning out of the tin.
- To make butter scotch sauce, combine all ingredients for butter scotch sauce in a small pan over low heat and stir until sugar has dissolved and butter has melted.
- Served cake warm, drizzle with sauce and icecream on the side.
Keep warm and happy eating!
Lots of Love,
Fat Pom Pom