Monday, May 14, 2012

Sticky Date Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce

Hi guys!

I made some Sticky Date Pudding for desserts on Sunday Night. I must admit sticky date puddings are one of my favourites desserts to eat, well besides cheesecakes, red velvet cupcakes, carrot cakes and a whole heap of Vietnamese puddings! Haha well to be honest, I just like desserts in general :D Sticky date puddings are perfect for winter, and yes even better with ice-cream on the side!

The first time I had sticky date pudding, it was my boyfriend that made them for me. I am still using his recipe up to this day and its definitely a keeper, just like him! hehe

Anywhos, heres my simple recipe for Sticky Date Pudding:

Ingredients:
1 and 1/4 cup of pitted dates, chopped
1 and 1/4 cup of boiling water
1 teaspoon of baking soda
60g of butter, cubed
3/4 cup of brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup of self raising flour

Butter Scotch Sauce
1 cup of brown sugar
3/4 cups of thick cream
50g of butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence

Method:


  1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Grease a 20cm round cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
  2. Combine the dates, baking soda and boiling water in a bowl. Stand for 5 minutes, and blend or process the date mixture with butter, brown sugar until smooth.
  3.  
  4. Pour mixture into a large bowl, add the eggs and flour and mix well until just combined.
  5. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until cooked through. 
  6. Stand the pudding for 10 minutes before turning out of the tin.
  7. To make butter scotch sauce, combine all ingredients for butter scotch sauce in a small pan over low heat and stir until sugar has dissolved and butter has melted.
  8. Served cake warm, drizzle with sauce and icecream on the side.
Enjoy your masterpiece hehe well actually it was quite simple but not to say that it was not delicious, cause it was, tasted even better the second day when I microwave a small portion to reheat...there's never enough desserts to go around in my house!!

Keep warm and happy eating!
Lots of Love,
Fat Pom Pom

No comments:

Post a Comment