Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Hardware Societe


Goodmorning my fellow brunch lovers!

I myself am not a morning person. I like sleeping in and staying up late. I don't function very well when I have to wake up really early, and I take twice as long to do anything if its earlier then 10am. hehe

I usually skip breakfast (which is a really bad thing) but like I said, my body doesn't work very well too early in the morning, and that also includes my appetite : )

Thats why I love the idea of Brunch! I love the different kinds of food they have available for breakfast. From the big breakfast which included eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns to the simple cereal and milk. And with all the different restaurants and cafe's in Melbourne that serves brunch on the weekends....well I feel like I'm not missing out that much during the week!




















Tea pot cosies at The Hardware Societe.....so adorable!

Well on one warm winters weekend, me and my boyfriend headed to The Hardware Societe at 120 Hardware Street, Melbourne. I was very excited about this little place as I've heard alot of good things about it : ) the places opens from 8.30am to 2.00pm on a Saturday and Sunday, so we headed out about 11.00am.

It was a cute little place, with quirky decorations, little yellow chairs, and cool wallpaper! Their menu offered a neat selection of seasonal produce and specialties. I heard that the menu changes with the seasons, so we didn't see any duck on the menu this time....: ( but I wasn't sad for long because there was loads of other awesome things to choose from!

In the end we pick a few to share....


Bircher - with Vanilla & Rosewater pears, raspberries and macadamias......mmmmmmmmmm

Baked Eggs - with Chorizo, Sofrito, and Manchego......yummy!!!!



















Croque Madame - with Smoked Salmon, Gruyere, Horseradish creme fraiche, and fried duck eggs
......yummmooooo!!!

All three tasted super delicious and awesome mmmmm....making me hungry again now just thinking about it hehe the flavours and texture combinations are amazing! So much going on yet the balance is perfect, definitely a tasty and satisfying brunch session hehe

I will definitely would be returning here some day soon and trying out the other items on the menu!!!!! I definitely recommend this place for Brunch anyday : )

There's only a 2 weeks left of winter, YAY! Can't wait for the sunshine to return : )

Keep warm and happy eating!
Fat Pom Pom

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm I will definitely try this place one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm yumm, i wana try the dessert pear....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of brunch, and a bite of that baked egg would definitely make my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Anna: hehe we should have brunch together on a weekend soon Anna, yeh the pear was soooo delicious, i think you will love it also!!!

    @ Alisa: I'm thinking about having the baked eggs again soon, they were so yummy!! :)

    ReplyDelete